Sunday 25 November 2012

Soldiers in Love

T'was the night when little Ana hath not been in bed
For she scorned and be perversed and say thee nay
"A little game would hath not been wounded by me"

I talked old English a lot lately.
Blame it on the movie "Private Romeo".

For those who does enjoy Broadway musicals,
Shakespearean stories with old English,
The young handsome noblemen of Verona,
Well,..
I present to thee a gallant beautiful touching story of young Romeo and Juliet,
with a little bit of gay twist.

Aha!
Whenever we speak of "gay-themed movie",
the cliches of "bullying" and "teen-suicides" cannot be parted from it.
But in "Private Romeo",
All that matters is LOVE.

My view on love is that,
YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH PEOPLE.
NOT GENDER.
Unless you're a Muslim.

I just wish,
so badly that our young lovers,
Romeo a.k.a cadet Sam Singleton and his lovely lovely Juliet a.k.a cadet Glenn Mangan
are truly lovers.
They had this chemistry,
non-awkwardness onscreen,
where the kisses are just natural,
and the way they bring out the words of Shakespeare (literally,they use OLD ENGLISH),
and how they are comfortable with each other.
They even are ODDLY close with each other OFF-SCREEN!
In the movie,
Instead of Verona,
you get the gym, mess hall, and dorm rooms of a military campus.
Instead of class wars and family feuds,
young plebes worry about demerits and falling in love.
And unlike the real play,
We have Tybalt, Mercutio, and our star-crossed lovers LIVE in the end.

Yes,
I am aware that Matt Doyle (Juliet) is openly gay,
and I HOPEFULLY earnestly from the bottom of my gut and heart wishes that Seth Numrich(Romeo) is gay too.
Because you don't get frisky with your own species.
And they look GOOD,
LIKE FRIGGIN' GOOD TOGETHER TOO~!!!
Like DARREN CRISS and CHRIS COLFER~!!!

As they say,
Darren and Chris are lovers.
Except Darren is straight.
*sigh*

I really REALLY thought they'd make a good couple.

Here's to my love.
from left: Juliet (Glenn), Romeo (Sam)

my favourite part where young banished Romeo from Verona for injuring Tybalt, hurriedly ran to Capel's Monument to find his true love, Juliet, lying breathlessly in the tomb.




No comments:

Post a Comment