Wednesday 15 May 2013

Tegomasu: A Start


Author's note: During examination, lots of ideas came onto me.Mostly about TegoMasu. I just missed the adorable pair. And I need to distract myself from err..things.



Crash.
Tegoshi bursts through the door of their connecting rooms, flustered and breathing heavily. Masuda jumps up from the sofa and puts down the magazine he was reading, stunned.

“Tegoshi? What are you doing here?” Masuda asks, frowning.

“I had this nightmare- this horrible, sick nightmare that you left and I didn’t know. You left and I was standing up there on stage with the remainder of NEWS and they look at me with those eyes. Those accusing eyes, and I asked them where you were and none of them would tell me a-and Yamashita-kun told me I wasn’t needed and that I should just scram and I panicked and oh god, Massu, it was like hell without you.”

Tegoshi paced up and down, alternating between throwing his arms in the air and pulling at the hem of his shirt.

“Tegoshi—“ Masuda starts, but he gets cut off.

“--And then I ran backstage to find our manager and I asked him, ‘What about Tegomasu?’ and he tells me that there’s no such thing, he freaking tells me there’s no such thing as Tegomasu. So I find my cell and I look for your number, I try to find your mails but there’s nothing. It was like someone deleted you out of my life, out of NEWS and Tegomasu.”

“Tegoshi, calm down.” Masuda tries to approach him but steps back when Tegoshi turns suddenly, kicking the legs of a table.

“Calm down? Calm down, Massu? You leave and you’re telling me to calm down? I couldn’t even think without you there!”

“Tegoshi listen to me. It was just a nightmare,” But Tegoshi ignores Masuda and continues pacing, hands tangled in his tousled hair. He pulls frantically at the hem of his abused shirt and lets out a grunt of frustration.

“It was not just a nightmare Massu! It felt so real, like you really walked out on—“

“-- Oi, Yuya!”

Tegoshi stops; he stares at Masuda with wide, desperate, piercing eyes. He looks at Masuda in fear, tearing, searching for any hints of betrayal.
Masuda closes in on him, moving forward with slow deliberate steps. He continues until Tegoshi finds himself pressed against the wall, Masuda’s hands placed firmly on both sides of his face. Tegoshi is trapped, trapped and shivering, shaking from fear. He chews his bottom lip and turns away from Masuda’s gaze.

He was close. So close.

Pinning him to the wall, face inches away from Tegoshi’s own.

But he couldn’t look at those eyes. He just couldn’t. He was afraid of what he’d find.

“Tegoshi, look at me.” Masuda says, firmly. Tegoshi finds himself cowering and shrinking further into the wall.

“Please, Tegoshi,” Softer, kinder this time. A whisper.

Tegoshi forces himself to meet Masuda’s stare, and when he finds those mellow brown eyes he feels like something’s pulling his heart apart. He wants to cry.

“I’m not going anywhere, okay? I’m not leaving you,”

Tegoshi searches Masuda’s face for reassurance, suddenly acutely aware of their close proximity.

“Massu...I...please don’t. Don’t ever leave.” He stutters, and swears his heart was about to leap out of place and choke him to death. He blinks furiously and finds a tear burning down his cheek.

“Shh…”
 Masuda shifts his weight and traces his finger along Tegoshi’s jaw.

It tingles like static, and Tegoshi blushes. He can feel Masuda’s breath, pleasantly warm on his skin and surprisingly cool on the tear tracks, creating an odd but altogether nice sensation.

Tegoshi matches Masuda’s gaze. He finds himself incapable of speech.

Suddenly Masuda blinks and blushes furiously, eyes darting nervously from side to side, earlier confidence disappearing into an invisible cloud. Tegoshi can feel him trembling.

“C-can I…Kiss you?” He asks, quiet, still, tentative.

Tegoshi finds himself laughing loudly, but stops and bumps their foreheads together.

“Go ahead, baka.”

Masuda leans in and Tegoshi meets him and suddenly he finds himself drowning, flying, weak kneed and numb. He didn’t know a kiss would feel this good. He didn’t know kissing Masuda would feel this good, this right.

He finds himself grateful for the wall – and the warm arm wrapped around his waist, supporting him. The kiss was surprisingly gentle and tender despite Masuda’s earlier countenance, and Tegoshi lets himself slip away, enjoying the moment.

When they pull apart, panting, he finally remembers to breathe.

“I can’t believe I just kissed you. I kissed you. I finally kissed you.” Masuda mumbles, burying his tomato red face into Tegoshi’s shoulder. Tegoshi chuckles and plays with his hair, twirling the strands between his fingers.

“Took you long enough. You’d better make up for it.”

“Tegoshi!” Masuda gasps, turning a deeper shade of red

“Do you like me?” Tegoshi asks, wrapping his arms lightly around Masuda’s waist.
Do you love me?

Masuda nods and laughs. “I think it’s pretty obvious, Tegoshi.”
I love you.

“You know, if you ever leave - I’m going to kill you.”
Stay with me.
“I’m here to stay.”
Alright.

------

No comments:

Post a Comment