Sunday 1 September 2013

The Day I Could Call You "Mine"

Steve’s eyes were beautiful and full and blue as he spoke. 
“I promise to love you and cherish you.” Tony bit his tongue as he remembered the words, the look on Steve’s face as he spoke them, his smile, the way his hands were fitted into Tony’s on that wonderful day.

 “No matter how hard I may try, I’m not half as good at anything I do unless I’m doing it next to you.” Tony wanted nothing more than to always remember those words, remember the day he handed his heart to Steve on a silver platter, the day he was finally able to call the person he loved and who loved him in return husband.

Tony looked like he was going to say something Tony Stark-like. Crack a joke, say something inappropriate, anything. But his eyes were hazy in their seriousness, heavy in their devotion as he looked into Steve’s blue ones. 


“Steve Rogers, I’ll never fully understand why you chose me to love.”

 Steve squeezed his ring again, fighting the urge to look to his left and study Tony’s face again for the hundredth time. 

“You’re the greatest man I’ve ever met. You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me. I promise to love you every day in the least basket-case way possible.” 

Steve’s eyes clenched as he laughed, and Tony was so beautiful as he watched him. “You’re stuck with me, Cap."

Tony placed his hands on Steve’s neck, while Steve guided his grasp to the other man’s hips. Tony’s was an open mouthed smile as their lips came together, and Steve’s intake of breath hissed against Tony’s face. Tony’s perfectly trimmed stubble rubbed along Steve’s chin as they angled their heads, causing chills to run up Steve’s arms underneath his thick tuxedo. Their eyes closed and everything was perfect, perfect, perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment