Wednesday 19 February 2014

I Killed Her.

When I entered the room,
I realized the mask I've been wearing,
Is starting to break,
The edges become fragile,
The colors fading away,
And the little girl I've desperately trying to protect,
Is slipping away.

When I leave the room,
I wear that mask again,
Again and again,
Because I am afraid,
If people will hurt that shadow I've been protecting.

Sometimes I see her,
Crying and screaming,
Bruising and scarred,
Shivering in fear,
Cradling a dead heart beat,
Eyes fluttering,
Hands calloused,
A soul dying.

I turn away,
I wanted to be the one to bury her,
And wear this mask for the rest of my life,
This way,
I'll save her,
From everyone,
From everything,
Because she can no longer feel anything.

But as days passed by,
The doubts creeping by,
I was choking her,
Killing her,
And trying to resuscitate her back,
But she's limping,
Limbs flailing,
Almost gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment