Saturday 1 February 2014

Weddings Season. But Not About Wedding (it's about my frustration towards it)

Oh jeez, it's THAT time of the year.
Where everywhere is free food,
And newlyweds everywhere.
And single people like me are being pestered by our aunts and uncles,
"When will be your time?"
"You're 22 already, got a nice career upfront, how's about a husband?"
"You, kakak Tasnim and Aten are catching up to Kak Tati next year right?"




GOD, YOU PEOPLE MAKES ME WANT TO SHOVE YOUR HANDS INTO YOUR FRICKIN' LOUD MOUTHS!!

Well, Kakak Tasnim won't be too bothered by this (since she already has a suitor don't let her read this, she'll kill me).
But me and our other cousin,
We are in the same boat.
At least with her going to Cambodia for practical would be better to see the world.

Me?
I'm stuck in Terengganu with an ex for our Yang diPertua. 
Great.
So great.

Sometimes I realized that I was the one who didn't want to move on.
I was bitter.
Angry.

And other times I want to be happy.
Starts pacing forward,
Not backward.

And with all these weddings surrounding us,
Mum and Dad also tried to bring the subject up.
And at the mention of "Amir" and "Ricchan",
They won't stop.

BUT MOTHER OF MINE AND FATHER OF MINE,
PLEASE HEAR YOUR DAUGHTER'S OPINION OUT.

First,
Amir is my brother.
My twin,
And you don't look at your other half in lust,
That is just like incest.

Second,
Ricchan,
Well,
Although he can accept me and likewise,
I didn't really approve the way he sees the world,
His frequent needs to curse at literally everything,
His musics,
Just basically,
I don't think we are the birds of the same flocks.

"Well then, what's your standards?"
Well,
Mother of mine.

As for religion,
All that blah blah about him being the good servant of God,
That's a NEED.
But from my personal view,
I want someone who can understand ME.
Someone who laughs at my jokes ( Lord knows no one except my baby sis understands it),
Someone who isn't threatened by my weird shippings,
Someone who can discuss and argue with me intellectually,
Someone who also reads books,
Someone who I can share my world.

And frankly,
I don't think that someone exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment