Saturday 19 January 2013

The First Time We Met

I was 7, playing by myself in Tok Wan's meadow.
A boy came on a bicycle through the forest behind an old abandoned school.
He looked at me like I was some sort of an alien,
and paced slowly at me.

"What are you playing?" he asked.
"I'm making a cuisine."
"With grasses and flowers? Who's going to eat THAT?" he laughed.
"Would you?" I retorted, didn't quite understand the cynical in his voice.
"Well, if I wouldn't pass out after that, maybe I would," and he crossed his legs, trying to entertain me.

I was amused by his laughs,
His endless skeptical remarks,
But I didn't enjoy being left behind every time he plays with his guy friends.
They never let me in their games simply because I'm a girl.
After that he'll come waltzing his way into my world,
With no words of apologize,
Just like he belonged there at the first place.
And I could never get mad at him longer than 10 minutes.

That was 15 years ago,
And I was amazed by how many times passed,
It feels like I've known you my whole entire life,
And how breathtakingly you made my life.
I guess I've been in love with you for a very long time now.

I'm falling apart,
I'm barely breathing,
With a broken heart,
That's still beating.

No comments:

Post a Comment