Saturday 25 January 2014

I Look In The Mirror

Sway,
Little birdie,
Fly away,
Be happy.

I let you go,
Because I was weak,
My heart hurts so,
And the tears I prick.

I look at my hands,
I look in the mirror,
The ugliness enhances,
On the dark side of the door.

Be strong,
Stand on your ground,
Sing a song,
Don't let them know.

I told myself that.

When I see in the mirror,
A child was crying,
She looks like horror,
In her eyes I was dying.

I sealed myself away,
I locked it deep in the abyss,
The days that I pray,
For the day I will find bliss.

She is the demon within,
She laughs like a monster,
When an angel she has been,
But the angel does no longer answer.

She shuts the world out,
She plugged in the songs,
Everything else she doubt,
Finding a place where she belongs.

Hey you,
Wouldn't you take this broken girl?
And fix her up?
Because I think she's no longer usable.

And I laugh at myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment