Monday 21 April 2014

Dream of 21st April, 2014.

I was walking on a pavement.
My hands entangled with two small soft grips.
Two bouncing curly hairs on my both sides,
As we walked towards a building.

Two miniature people kissed my cheeks and waved goodbyes,
Enticing a promise from me to take them at 2 pm.
I smiled and waved back.
They were mine.

I paced slowly to a deserted room.
It was like a psychiatrist office.
But it doesn't seem professional.
It smelled familiar.
Like a friend's home.

Amir's head poked out from a corner.
He smiled while I flopped on his comfortable chair.

"You are 38, not 20, Velvet."
"I can't come to my best friend's office?"
"I don't appreciate it when you pester me."
"You don't even have a client."

He threw books at me.
Forced me to read them.

"The guys are coming back next week."

That earned my focus towards his slouching figure,
Writing God knows what.

"Why?"
He scrunched up his nose,
Makes that huff sound whenever he is annoyed,
And a soft crease existed between his forehead.

"It's your birthday."
I replied with a shrug.
He stopped writing,
Close the book,
And walked towards me.

"You stopped expecting us to be here."
It wasn't a question.
I smiled ruefully.

"You told me to start being independent."
I said.

He nodded slowly.
"But you are independent. You raised your twins on your own."
He has that confused tone whenever people doesn't give him the answer he wanted.

"They are mine. It's different."
I sighed.
I look him in the eyes,
The same eyes I've been looking for the past 38 years.
"I am scared.
You know I can't open up to other people except for you guys.
One day it'll all gone,
And I am scared I won't be able to take it."

His frown increased.
"We'll be there. We always will be there."
It was a reassurance.
A comfort.
And I smiled back at him.
The smile I've always given him since we were children.

We all were broken from various people.
In the end,
We came back for those who stayed,
And embraced our darker side like a long lost friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment