Wednesday 2 July 2014

500 Days Of Summer

It's not about the portrayal of Zooey Deschanel or Joseph Gordon-Levitt,
Though he reminds me so much of the late Heath Ledger (sobs..)
This is about what Summer (Deschanel) views on love.
In the movie 500 Days Of Summer.

"Can he accept that she likes him for now, not for forever?"

That question baffled me all the time I was watching the movie.
Because recently,
That was what I felt.
I mean,
What kind of woman that likes (or has a crush on you) sincerely but not interested in getting married?
The answer would be easy;
Me.
My kind of woman.

I am my own person,
No man can get me.

Summer gets me.
Sometimes I think that love between a man and a woman doesn't exist.
There are only merely compromises, familiarity, and acquaintances between the two genders.

I love my family,
I love my religion,
I love my friends,
I love my pack.

But to experience love between a man and a woman,
I don't have it in me.
Of course,
I could like someone,
Have a crush on someone,
But being hopelessly in love,
And for a long time,
I just cannot.
Save the intense, serious relationships for older days.

And I just couldn't understand why young people are so eager to get married so early,
It's just..
SO SUFFOCATING.
And too domestic.
And routine.

Sometimes I just think that,
Being completely, hopelessly in love,
It's not for me.
Not anymore.
Maybe that's why I lost interest in relationships.
Life happens.
Love just doesn't... exist.

And here I thought I was going crazy, apparently there are some women out there who share the same sentiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment