Thursday 15 May 2014

Nothing

I'm smiling but I'm dying trying not to drag my feet. 

"And my mates are all there trying to calm me down 
 'Cause I'm shouting your name all over town 
 I'm swearing if I go there now 
 I can change his mind
 Turn it all around 
 And I know I'm drunk but I'll say the words 
 And he'll listen this time even though it's slurred 
 So I dialed his number and confessed to him 
 I'm still in love but all I heard was nothing"  

They all think I'm crazy but to me it's perfect sense. 

Lying perfectly still 
How many times have I lost it? 
Another blink and I am nowhere else 
One important existence brought me back to reality 
He said it will be alright 
He said it will go away 
The nightmares are just in my head 
And he will be waiting at the shore 
For me to come back to my senses 

"Come back to me Velvet, for I came back for you." 

I see he extends his hands 
And I see three more pair of hands 
I thought I'd lost them to adulthood 
My mates coming back to where we started. 

I came back home. 
Even when I lost time 
I will still come back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment