Wednesday 7 May 2014

Reasons

 "So you have a boyfriend. 
Care to explain why didn't you tell me?" 

........... 

" Irfan knows?" 

Yes. 

"Fadhlan?" 

Yes. 

"Kamarul?" 

Nope. You know he has too many girlfriends to keep tabs on me, anyway.

"Right. And I am last to know because?" 

Because you'd be mad. 

"I am. For various reasons." 

They know because I knew they won't try to do anything about it. 
They won't try to talk me out of this. 
They won't psychoanalyze me. 
You're my best friend, 
Not my psychiatrist. 
I need you to be my ally, 
Not my doctor.
I didn't tell you because what you think counts.
Because I don't want you to hate me for it. 
I know you think I am still unstable because of the past, 
But give me this.
I will try to be better. 

"I am trying to protect you." 

You can't protect me every time, 
You know. 

"This is a tryout. 
Just a tryout." 

Fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment