Wednesday 4 June 2014

Mask Wearer

I look at the image and it got me thinking.
"Is this it?"
You never know which is the truth, The person behind the mask, or the mask hiding the scars.

In my 22-years old of living,
People really misunderstood the idea of having me in a crowd.
Sometimes I give off vibes saying "I am far more superior homosapien than you lot",
And sometimes people think because I smile I am easily approached.
Those who knew how crazy I am also knows how I hate people.

So,
Is it because people assume things,
That when they found out the truth of the person hiding behind the mask,
They got shock?
Or disappointed?
Or they thought the person they knew changed?

Maybe the person they knew simply lies to them,
And hides beneath the smiles and laughter. 

I always disappoint people.
People who thought I was approachable.
Who thought I was that prissy, naive and happy-go-lucky girl.
When I open up,
They was taken aback,
Because they saw the scars,
And was disgusted by it.

But I never learn,
Did I?

In the end,
It always come back biting at me.
Like a distorted mirror in fun house,
I am a clown.
A laughing stock.
An object made to be laughed at.

That is why there are many layers beneath that smile.
It is just an easy task to make them believe there were only one or two layers.

2 comments:

  1. Manusia hipokrit sbenarnya, cuma pura-pura tak tahu

    ReplyDelete
  2. thoughts and assumptions belongs to everyone.it just takes a good measurement in looking at someone. :)

    ReplyDelete