Thursday 12 June 2014

Of Perspective

Amir is going to kill me.
Worse,
He'd shove a pile of sleeping pills to shut me up and throw a fit,
Possibly chain me in my bedroom forever.

I mean,
It's not my fault the man came up to me and bruised my arm till it was blue.

"No, totally your fault. I told you to expect the unexpected.
I TOLD you to bring someone, preferably a male.
There is Fadhlan, Kamarul, or even Irfan.
Why do you have no self-preservation at all??"

Okay,
That part was my fault.
But I don't want to burden them!

"And did I mention to tell your parents about this?"

A thousand times?
Dude,
I cannot bring my parents into this mess.
This isn't their problem to begin with.
But if one day that man came along and probably drag my lifeless body somewhere in the ditch,
You will be the first witness.

"It's not funny."

I am funny and humorous.
Deal with it.
Right,
I am sorry for telling my parents half-truths.
I am sorry for not listening to you and be the hero that I am not,
I am sorry for having no self-preservation.

"This isn't the end.
I know there will be something else.
It will always be something else.
Please, please be careful.
I am not in Kelantan-"

For the record, 
The incident is happening in Terengganu, not Kelantan-

"Not the point, Vet.
You think the remark I made last night of you wearing a purdah was a joke?"

It's not?

"What am I going to do with you."

I will start by watching my back every time I walk?

"You better.
Stop looking at your feet and start looking ahead, stupid.
You maybe can avoid shards of glasses or nails,
But people are more dangerous.
And be cautious of your surrounding.
I don't want to have to wait for your calls,
Listening to you having panic attacks,
Being ambushed by some pervs,
Or anything that would make me regret letting you take things by your own account.
Your blurness is going to stump the whole nation,
And I don't mean it in a good way."

Pshaw,
Stop treating me like a hothouse flower.
We're not 8 anymore, you know.

"I am not going to comment on that.
One of these days you will be taking years off my life, I swear.
And CALL me even when there is a tick."

Sir, yes sir!
I promise.
Lighten up a little,
And do your best in your exams.
I love you.

"Same here."

12:06 p.m.
-12 June, 2014-


Yeah, I'd guess I won't survive my teenage years (or even my adulthood) without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment